Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Poetry this week...

Tonight I'm going to see two events. First is the latest installment of the Tree Reading Series at the Royal Oak II (161 Laurier Ave. E.) @ 7:30. The featured poet this time around is Anthony Bansfield (a.k.a. the nth digri), one of the best spoken word artists this city has ever seen. He doesn't perform as regularly as he used to, so be sure to come out to Tree if you get the chance.

As soon as Tree lets out, I'm high-tailing it over to the Gap of Dunloe at 263 Bank St. for the CEPAL Fundraiser. It starts at 8:00, and will be featuring musician Yael Wand, as well as special guest poet Ritallin the Cerebral Stimulant. I got a chance to catch Yael's performance at the Manx on Sunday (I went to both see her and my old friend Trevor Tchir, who used to host the Café Nostalgica Open Stage). Let me tell you, she's fuckin' amazing! And hey, if you know who I am, then you probably know who Ritallin is. He's always worth checking out. If there's time, I may take the stage at some point before the night is over.

Also, don't forget about the No Rule Slam on Wednesday and SlamWrite on Sunday. Check the calendar on the right for details on those two events. And of course, every Thursday is Café Nostalgica Open Stage @ 603 Cumberland on the University of Ottawa campus. Sign-up sheet comes out at 8:30, show starts at 9:00. I will have copies of my new CD on hand at all the events listed in this post.

Look at all this shit! Don't try to tell me there's nothing to do in this city...

That's it. I'm out.