Sunday, April 03, 2005

Move complete!

The move to my new place downtown is complete! Hopefully, this means I'll be able to attend more readings. I'd like to start going to Tree again. The next Tree is on the 12th featuring Wes Smiderle. Spoken word fans will definitely want to make the trip out to Tree on May 24th, as it is featuring none other than Anthony Bansfield, a.k.a. Nth Digri. He's awesome! and I might give Dusty Owl a try as well. Their next show is the April 17th launch of Sorrowland Press's "I See A Darkness," a collection of poetry which is apparently rather dark in theme.

Don't forget, this Friday (April 8th) is the last Capital Slam before the championships begin to see who goes to Vancouver to represent Ottawa. I'm in the running and I'm very excited. I just realized that I still need to write and memorize my poems for the next slam. Moving is a very time-consuming activity... April 8th is also the next installment of the Factory Reading Series. If I wasn't already going to the Capital Slam, I would definitely go to this, as it will feature readings by Mark Truscott, Rachel Zolf, and Wanda O'Connor. Wanda is one of my favourite poets (heck, she's one of my favourite people), and it's been quite a while since I've seen her read. Oh well, maybe next time.