Saturday, April 09, 2005

Capital Slam

The final slam of the regular season was last night and it was amazing! Oni the Haitian Sensation made a triumphant return to the Capital Slam stage, and became the second person to ever win the monthly slam twice (John Akpata being the first).

The 12 competitors moving on to the semifinals on Friday, May 13th are (in order of final rank for the season):
  1. Ritallin the Cerebral Stimulant
  2. Oni the Haitian Sensation
  3. DJ Morales
  4. Steve Sauvé (that's me!)
  5. John Akpata
  6. Kevin Matthews
  7. Free Will
  8. Madame H.
  9. Danielle Grégoire
  10. Owen Hewitt
  11. Devin Murphy
  12. Tiah Akse
It's gonna be wicked. I'm really looking forward to it. The Collective will be making a CD from the performances in the semifinals and finals, which will also be wicked. That's a lot of wickedness!

I've updated the spoken word calendar (look to the right), adding two more events and correcting the date for the No Rules Slam. I will be performing at every one of the events listed. I'll give you more info as the dates get closer.

I have some really exciting things in the works! It may be a month or two before I make any formal announcements (I'm superstitious like that), but there's a lot of amazing opportunities on my plate right now, for both local and national projects. Seriously, I'm giddy.